Tuesday, December 30, 2008

"Faded tattoos on our legs and backs and our feet are buried in the sand..."



The same faces;  Anthony, Brad, Baldwin, Adam, Ryan, Christian, O'Conner, Mikey, Black Jon, Lentini, Sprite, myself, and plenty of others I'm forgetting, standing up front, pressed against the stage, yelling every word, every single time.  I had just gotten into the Long Island Hardcore scene after stealing a cassette tape copy of Start Today from my friend Joe's older brother Tom.  A few weeks later, Tom reluctantly brought Joe and I to our first show, Mind Over Matter and Silent Majority at the Medford VFW Hall.  That night helped shape what the rest of my teenage years would become.  It was all downhill from there.  We rarely ever missed a Silent Majority show.  We would drive to skatespots all over Long Island, in my sweet station wagon, having Life Of A Spectator sing-alongs the entire way.  I remember the man crush we all had on Tommy.  We pranked called him at home...and at work...and prank internetted him.  We assaulted him outside of shows with water guns and water balloons.  We tried to tie his shoe laces together while he jumped around on stage.  I think it's time for another reunion...

Coming soon:  Silent Majority at the Medford VFW circa 94 or 95.

2 comments:

Mr. Lentini said...

I still have a mancrush on tommy, even if he cant surf

Mills Herman said...

You think Lentini called Tommy to go duck hunting yet?