Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Cosmic Banditos

A few weeks ago I finally got around to picking up Alan Weisbecker's In Search of Captain Zero. I was hooked immediately, the way a good book always gets you, and was finished in a little over a week. I immediately set out to find his follow up book, Can't You Get Along With Anyone?, in which Weisbecker picks up where he left off in Captain Zero and details the rest of his time spent in Central America. I struck out at two major booksellers in Midtown and resigned to the fact that I would have to order the book. I decided that while I was waiting for it to arrive, I would try giving his first book a read, Cosmic Banditos. I hadn't considered this originally because I have rarely been able to get through the first chapter of a work of fiction. It's just not my thing, I'll take boring ass real life stories over fiction nearly every time. With that said, in one day I just about finished reading Cosmic Banditos. I was considering writing a review of the book when I was finished, but there really is no need to wait...

Alan Weisbecker was on some serious shit when he wrote Cosmic Banditos.

That's all I've got.

No comments: